Resetting the Symantec EndPoint Protection Manager password to admin
If you forgot the admin/administrator password for Symantec EndPoint Protection Manager, try the below solution
You can use the resetpass.bat to reset the password for the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager admin account.
If you change the admin account name to something other than admin and then subsequently run resetpass.bat, it changes the account name back to admin.
To reset the administrator password
- Open Windows Explorer on the computer that runs Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Locate the <Drive>:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools folder.
- Double-click the resetpass.bat executable file. The username and password is reset to admin.
- You can now login into Symantec EndPoint Protection Management Console using username and password as admin. It will prompt you to change the password immediately.
- In case that you received "The Administrator account is locked" in the management console login, please try to reset the password after account unlocked in 15 minutes (60 minutes for certain release version)
- Resetpass.bat will only work if you are using Symantec Manager Authentication. If you tight up with Active Directory authentication, then you must use a new Administrator account. Reference: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH104726&locale=en_US